COVID-19 – *UPDATED JUNE 14th/ 2021 – ATTENTION PATIENTS*
We are pleased to announce that through our efforts of keeping patients safe, we have yet to hear of any patient to staff, staff to patient, staff to staff, or patient to patient transmission of COVID-19 at our clinic since the start of the pandemic. Although it is no guarantee of safety, we are happy with these results so far.
We are an essential service, and will continue to stay open during any lockdowns and provide all services to patients. All new patients and emergencies are welcome!
We are also happy to inform you that we will NOT be charging a PPE fee in 2021 due to your continued support and trust in our clinic. 🙂
We are committed to providing the best service we can with many precautions written below for your health and safety and continue to add measures as they are introduced. We continue to follow strict infection control standards as always, and will continue to have these additional precautions in place to maximize everyone’s protection.
PROTECTIVE MEASURES FOR YOUR SAFETY
- We have brought in a mechanical engineer to measure the air turnover rate in each of our operatories. Each room has 2 HEPA filter purifiers which are effective in removing COVID19 virus that may be present in the air. We also have a fallow time between patients to minimize any chance of transmission of the virus as well. Out of an abundance of precaution, we also have placed 2 HEPA filters in the reception area.
- Although we have been recommended to charge an additional fee for PPE provisions, we have decided NOT to charge patients for this in 2021.
- We need to ask you some screening questions before your appointment. You’ll be asked these exact same questions when you arrive in the office, and have your temperature taken.
- You may be asked to wait outside our office, and call us when you arrive to let you know when you can enter in some circumstances.
- We have hand sanitizer at the front that you will need to use when you enter the clinic, and you must bring your own mask from home.
- Reception will no longer have magazines, children’s toys, or any materials that are hard to disinfect.
- Appointments will be spaced out to help create physical distancing between patients, and to minimize patients in the waiting room.
- We will be wearing more protective gear such as face shields, gowns, and N95 masks.
- A large barrier will be placed on the reception desk, and chairs will be at least 6 feet apart in the waiting room.
- The washroom has now REOPENED as per Ontario Public Health Guidelines.
- Pens will only be used once at the front and disinfected. You will be asked to take a pen from the “Clean” canister and place it in the “Used” canister when finished.
We look forward to seeing you soon, if you have any questions, please call or email us. Thank you for your patience and loyalty. We value your trust and we look forward to seeing you!
The Dental Team at Hollidge Family Dentistry
Monday-Tuesday: 10am - 8pm
Wednesday: 8:30am - 6:30pm
Thursday: 8am - 2pm
Friday: 9am - 4pm
Saturday: 9am - 3pm (Alternating)
ARRANGE A CONSULTATION!
Please fill out the form below and a member of our staff will contact you to arrange your appointment.
We're conveniently located at:
Unit B8-130 Hollidge Blvd
Aurora, ON,L4G 8A3