COVID-19 – *UPDATED MARCH 21st/ 2022 – ATTENTION PATIENTS*
All new patients and emergencies are welcome! Please be advised that even though the mask mandate has been lifted as of March 21st, this does not apply to healthcare settings, and so we request you arrive with a mask at the dental clinic please. Every precaution that has been implemented in the past will continue to be implemented to keep you safe.
To this day, we are pleased to announce that through our efforts of keeping patients safe, we have yet to hear of any patient to staff, staff to patient, staff to staff, or patient to patient transmission of COVID-19 at our clinic since the start of the pandemic. Although it is no guarantee of safety, we are happy that this statement still applies.
We are committed to providing the best service we can with many precautions written below for your health and safety. We continue to follow strict infection control standards as always, and will continue to have these additional precautions in place to maximize everyone’s protection.
PROTECTIVE MEASURES FOR YOUR SAFETY
- We have brought in a mechanical engineer to measure the air turnover rate in each of our operatories. Each room has 2 HEPA filter purifiers which are effective in removing COVID19 virus that may be present in the air. We also have a fallow time between patients to minimize any chance of transmission of the virus as well. Out of an abundance of precaution, we also have placed 2 HEPA filters in the reception area.
- We need to ask you some screening questions before your appointment. You’ll be asked these exact same questions when you arrive in the office, and have your temperature taken.
- We have hand sanitizer at the front that you will need to use when you enter the clinic, and you must bring your own mask from home.
- Reception will no longer have magazines, children’s toys, or any materials that are hard to disinfect.
- Appointments will be spaced out to help create physical distancing between patients, and to minimize patients in the waiting room.
- We will be wearing more protective gear such as face shields, gowns, and N95 masks.
- A large barrier will be placed on the reception desk, and chairs will be at least 6 feet apart in the waiting room.
- Pens will only be used once at the front and disinfected. You will be asked to take a pen from the “Clean” canister and place it in the “Used” canister when finished.
We look forward to seeing you soon, if you have any questions, please call or email us. Thank you for your patience and loyalty. We value your trust and we look forward to seeing you!
The Dental Team at Hollidge Family Dentistry
Monday-Tuesday: 10am - 8pm
Wednesday: 8:30am - 6:30pm
Thursday: 8am - 2pm
Friday: 9am - 4pm
Saturday: 9am - 3pm (Alternating)
ARRANGE A CONSULTATION!
Please fill out the form below and a member of our staff will contact you to arrange your appointment.
We're conveniently located at:
Unit B8-130 Hollidge Blvd
Aurora, ON,L4G 8A3